The Legend SL22 October 2020
Life After the Beard23 October 2020
Natural hair growth, like all hair growth, is affected by nutrition, hydration, and overall physical health. But there are some ways to encourage growth of natural hair specifically:
- Combining shea butter, which has many beneficial effects for natural hair that I have written about in another post in more detail, with peppermint or lavender oil to activate hair growth effects.
- Using the LOC method, which stands for liquid, oil, and cream, in that order. This locks in moisture until your next wash day, as well as combatting breakage and frizz.
- Jojoba oil contains many nutrients that encourage hair growth such as vitamins B, C, E, as well as copper and zinc. It forms a protective layer over the hair shaft which retains its length as well as sealing in moisture, which promotes healthy growth. It also does not clog pores.
- Rose water contains vitamins A, C, D, E, and B3, which strengthen the hair. It also has properties that combat scalp and follicle cell ageing effects, and also actively stimulates hair growth.
- African black soap, which originates from Ghana and other areas of West Africa, works well as long as you don’t get one of the many fake versions currently on the market. It increases blood circulation that influences hair growth, and it also contains antioxidants that combat hair follicle ageing and has healing effects for the scalp. It is also very cleansing which creates an optimal environment for maximum hair growth.